Yarty Class were busy decorating their ‘Great Fire of London’ houses. They have been using real money to purchase paint, glue and other materials. They have had to budget which has been fascinating: Seeing 7 and 8 year olds updating their bank statement, running a shop, dealing with supply and demand issues and even giving each other cut-price deals on second hand supplies has been fascinating. So much learning engagement!
Yarty Class Garden Project
How to plant a seed by Matthew in Yarty Class
- Make a hole with the trowel roughly about five cm deep.
- Get the rake and put the handle in the hole to make a drill.
- Carefully place the seeds in the drill.
- After that, cover the seed with soil.
- Water evenly!
- Last of all, label the plants.
Yarty Class Forest School
Our Summer Term Forest School sessions take place offsite once a week for five weeks. The whole day takes place outdoors, and the children take part in a range of making, creating, and exploring tasks. The sessions will form the stimulus for most of our learning back at school, hopefully giving the children a rich and challenging experience to reflect on.